KalaHouse- Passive ECO-Friendly Zero-Energy Smart House for Active Life
Comfort: Energy-efficient Eco-friendly zero-energy smart houses by Kalahouse are passive houses for active life. KalaHouse provides a comfortable microclimate where central heating systems and standard air conditioning are not used.
It is achieved by the following:
-The wall and floor systems of Kalahouse are complex, patented engineering constructions, which are made of natural material, which provides high seismic resistance, comfortable microclimate conditions of maximum energy efficiency and exquisite style both outside and inside the house. In walls construction Kalahouse uses elite timber species, solid multilayered LVL beam, best natural heat insulation of continuous basalt fiber BELTEP and premium Remmers coatings.
– House interior is decorated with oak lamella and fruit-bearing species of trees, walnut, pear, cherry, which have curative effect on human organism, possess cleansing and disinfecting properties, increase vital tonus and recover nervous system.
The exterior beam is initially covered with Remmers HK stain, which guarantees six-factor protection against blue stain, soft rot, algae, fungi, bark beetles and ultraviolet.
By using natural materials in interior design we reduce to zero static electricity and therefore there is no dust movement in the rooms. This is vital for people with allergies.
Energy: Energy efficiency (R-value) is achieved in the following ways:
- The roof system is made of loadbearing double-T beams of LVL, up to 13 m long, that are capable to be unaffected by static and dynamic loads. R-value of the roof system with the top layer of roof tile = 4.6 m2•0С/W.
- Solar roof tile SRS Energy converts sunlight into electric energy. In contrast with solar panels, solar roof tile is integrated into any roofing material without loss of aesthetics of the exterior.
- Wall system is made of natural materials that provide high seismic resistance, comfortable microclimate in conditions of maximum energy efficiency and exquisite style of exterior and interior. R-value of the wall system = 4.54 m2•0С/W.
- The ventilation system used is Daikin VRV system which reduces energy consumption, costs and carbon dioxide emissions. The heat emitted during conditioning and cooling is transmitted to heating water or to the areas in the house, which require additional heating. This can lead to substantial reduction of energy consumption.
- The system of wooden windows is made of multilayer laminated beams of oak or ash lamellas and SUPER SPACER bar.
- Floor system provides functional hydraulic, heat and sound insulation from the foundation and inside the foundation. R-value of the floor system = 4.7 m2•0С/W.
Environment: Kalahouse is an energy-saving construction standard, which provides comfortable living conditions, and has minimal negative impact on the environment. It efficiently uses finewood timber in exterior and interior design, mainly: acacia, oak, red oak, ash, maple, elm, walnut, cherry, basswood, larch;
Three types of foundations are used in Kalahouse construction that provide its durability and stability:
– Strip foundation of armoured concrete
– Pile foundation with upper monolithic belt of armoured concrete
– Mat foundation of armoured concrete
The house structure is made of LVL double-T beams, up to 13 m long, that are capable to be unaffected by static and dynamic loads and in combination with bolted construction provides seismic resistance.
We use of waste water heat recovery units and ventilation systems with waste air recovery; System for collection and use of rainwater is also installed.
Water heating is not used in the house. The heating is provided through alternative solar, wind and geothermal energy sources.
Compact transportation of turnkey house kits to construction sites can bring this technology to many countries of the world, i1ncluding any climatic zone and even in seismically active zones within the shortest period of time without the use of heavy construction equipment.